Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Period pains?!?!?

any help you can give me is much appriciated.
well i was on the depo contraception jab for 3yrs but decided to come off it as i was gaining too much weight so my doc gave me the pill which i didnt take so now i have been off the depo for 6 mths this is my 5th period and i am in agony the reasons i was on the depo was to stop my period because it was heavy and painfull, but this month is the worst pain i have ever experienced and i was wondering if anyone has been in the same sort of position as me and what they did! i spoke to a pharmasist who said go see the doc so i have an appointment in 3 days i have tried nurofenmax paramol syndol co/- codamol paracetamol and buscopan (which is for ibs but was reccomended by the pharmasist for the cramps) %26 none of these have even touched the pain! im changing my pad every 30 mins and it is the highest absorbancy! can any one help me please i dont know what to do to ease the pain thanxs in advance! xxx
Answer:
god!!!!!! do i know how you feel. iv been physically sick with the excrutiating pain. went for scans but all clear. iv been so scared of it coming on now it terrifies me.
what has helped is being prepared! as soon as you get the first twinge take pain relief, whatever suits you. still painful but bearable. i was waiting for the pain to start before taking meds and it was so severe, i was just vomiting them up.
good luck!!!
Hi there,
try using diclofenac sodium. It may help as it's supposed to reduce the swelling.
Hope this helps,
God Bless
Oh honey, I thought I had it bad! I use heat pads, which you put on the tummy, combined with pain killers, this should hopefully ease the pain somewhat. Hope this helps. x
I don't know about solving the pain problem, but at least try Lilletts (not sure about the spelling) 'super plus' for the hefty flow.
My sister visited me recently and she has always had a flow problem. I discovered that she has always used Tampax and that she could not go swimming because her flow was too heavy. I gave her a lillets and she swam all afternoon. Change your brand and maybe try a totally different pain relief tablet?
Hi yeah i was on the depo i gained loads of weight and was bleeding everyday and still am heavily, also have really bad cramps! I take painkillers and have a lavender wheatbag which slightly eases my stomach ache but i really could do with some advice as i'm going on holiday in a week and really need to stop bleeding and the pain!
i came off the depo about 6 months ago i had been on it for 4 years but recently found out it can effect your bone density if your on it for more than two years..

i found ponstan.. dunno about the spelling.. was rly good for the period pain again im not sure if its avalible over the counter. i also lived with my hot water bottle on my belly for a few days which helped ease the pain. as for the flow try using night towels. they used to work for me.

failing all that i was once told plently of fruit and veg and no choccy and fatty stuff helps ease the cramps alotho ive not really tried it myself.. hope im some help and hope you get better soon
theres not much else you can do - you must see a doc tho and get checked out in the meantime just stick hot water bottle on your tum and try your best to get thru it - and yes i do know what you're going through have been there
well a heat pack worked for me,u just heat it up in the microwave just so its a bit warmer than normal, put it over the bottom of ur tummy that should sort it out,u can get them from boots
either that or a tens machine there used for all sorts of pain including period pains.
could be due to being off the pill, your body is trying to but its self right hormonally.. though suggest seeing another doctor and your Gynaecologist!
I take two ibuprofen and one naproxen sodium tablet together and that usually works for my menstrual pain for about 3 hours. Nothing helps me for the bloodflow. I have a period even when taking contraceptives.
I am glad you are going to a doctor. That is your best option right now. Good luck.
see your GP

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Period cramps © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net