Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Period preventing swimming?

I had a date with a couple of my friends to go swimming this afternoon. This morning, I got my period. I think tampons hurt when I try to put them in, so I had to call my friends and cancel the date. Any suggestions on what I can do next time so I don't have to cancel? I really don't like tampons.
Answer:
Well, if you want to go swim - tampons are the way to go. Just make sure you change it right after getting out of the water.
You are right, tampons need getting used to... but they totally work (specially in your case with swimming and all).
If tampons don't work for you, try to do something else on the date (movies, dinner, rock-climbing?).
I hate tampons too. The only thing I would say is "cowboy up."
Try a lubricating cream. It will make the tampons hurt less. They sell them at drug stores.
you aren't using the right kind, or the right size if they are hurting.
Ur just going to have to cancel. Tampons are the only thing to keep from leaking in the water. I dont get in the water at all when im on.
just try the plastic applicator ones. and use small ones. but other then waiting until your period is over tampons is the only thing to do.
try using the smallest ones. also, if you pull it out before it is full (so to speak) it is uncomfortable
Its tampons or no swimming.

Buy the slenderest plastic applicator tampon.
I got the same problem i hate tampons but i really like the gentle glide b%26#92;c there little.. but anyways i had to cancel a bunch but when you are in the water it not suppose to bleed out..thats what i heard. So just bring some pads after you get out of the water and change and put a pad on or something.. And you could wear some shorts and where a pad in the water but it would look like you have a diper on... so.. I would try a tampon but just get the small ones they dont hurt.
I wonder if you may be putting the tampons in wrong, read the directions again to make sure. or try another brand with a different type applicator. tampon is really the only way to go.
tampons are *especially* hard to make fit the first day. Bummer that you had to cancel!! Btw i hate them too, and at this moment i don't know *what* i usually do.
whenever me or friends were on our periods and we bled in the water we yelled shark attack! even if we were in the pool it always worked! JK
Sounds like you may be using the wrong size tampons or may just not be comfortable with the process of using them yet. When inserted correctly you should not have any pain, but it can be a little painful if you are too tense. Speak to the school nurse if you have one for some suggestions.
Definately the plastic applicator is the way to go. Tampons don't hurt if you put them in correctly. They only way that they might hurt is if you rip the hymen while putting the tampon in.
HTH.

~~
im the same way but if you put them in right...then you will be fine...i just recently had the same problem like 2 weeks ago but i couldnt cancel cause my friend got mad at me.when you put one in.push up not straight and relax.its weird at first...but when you swim...you wont feel it AT ALL. if you arent soo self conscious about it you will be fine bc if you dont notice no one else will. it sucks. but all women have to learn to use them for times that that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Period cramps © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net