Sunday, October 25, 2009

PCOS, Metformin, Yasmine, and Spironolact?

I was diagnosed with PCOS about four months ago (I had a "huge" *nurses own word* cyst on my left ovary) and have been on Metformin (500mg), Yasmine, and Spironolact(100mg) for three months. My menstruation has become more regular and have lost about 15 lbs. I have noticed from doing research that many women take a much stronger dose of Metformin. When I talked to my doctor about the dosage, she didn't say anything and said, "Well, let's see how things look 6 months from now."

My blood sugar was 102 after fasting for about 16 hours. She raised an eyebrow at this, but said nothing. My question is should I find another doctor? Is this a typical experience and treatment regimen for PCOS? She doesn't seem to want to help our last visit lasted ten minutes.

Thank you again for your time and effort!!
Answer:
I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago. My doctor OBGYN immediately put me on 1500mg of metformin and sent me on my way. I wish i could say that I went back to the doctor for my 3 month check up but i did not. I just felt like he was not being straight with me and not really talking the time to explain things to me. I was told by a friend that they could do an ultrasound to check out my ovaries but was never offered this.

I have found some pretty good resources on the internet about PCOS and have actually bought a few books. I know there is is new book out there called PCOS for Dummies and am seriously considering buying that book.

I am also thinking about seeing an endocrinologists because while PCOS is a condition that affects your reproductive system it also has some other factors...i just need to find a obgyn that actually wants to give me the facts about pcos and treat me like a person before i can get that referal.

i would recommend finding another doctor who knows more about pcos...call around to doctors offices and see if they can give you any insight into how much the doctors know about pcos or see if they might have any material on PCOS. if all else fails keep up the internet research. I hope all goes well for you!
doctors HATE diagnosing PCOS because it is a condition that they SCREW UP ON more often than not...so keep trying to find a doctor until you find one you like and is very aware of your situation and condition.

EVERY DOCTOR IN UTAH F-ED UP WHEN IT CAME TO DIAGNOSING MY WIFE WITH PCOS...IN FACT, SHE GOT THE DIAGNOSIS IN BRASIL AND OBVIOUSLY THE DOCTORS HERE IN THE USA WOULD NOT BELIVE IT UNTIL THEY SAW ALL OF THE SYMPTOMS AND WERE ABLE TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE...

DOCTORS ARE DOLTS...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Period cramps © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net