Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pcos or not?

i went to the dr and she said i may have pcos but when i went to get my medical records the nurse looked at the hormone results and said my hormone level are normal and she dosen't know why the dr would think this ..maybe my symtoms she said but is it possible to have pcos with normal hormone levels?
Answer:
for pcos there are three thing should be there that is scanty periods/ no periods, signs of increased androgen secretions like hirsutism,pimples etc and very important is more than 12follicles/cc on ultrasound is suggestive of pcos. Other hormones like FHS,LH etc are not of much importance.
I think you'd need to get an ultrasound on your ovaries to check for cysts to be sure if you have PCOS.

I've never heard of PCOS without at least some kinda of hormonal imbalance, but I'm not an expert.
I was diagnosed the same but mine fluctuate they need to take various tests. What I did do and it has been a God send to me is taking a natural product called royal jelly its made by bees and it is a natural hormone stabalizer I feel amazingly wonderful since taking this product I highly recommend it and its available on beeroyalproducts.com Good Luck
I am an RN and I will be the first to tell you that RN do not diagnose any disease as it is not in our scope of practice. If your cycles are irregular, your overweight, and your have excessive facial hair your could have PCOS.
I also have PCOS and was told by my physician that my hormone levels were that of a 50 year old women. I have had two surgeries to treat Ovarian cysts from the follicles that could not be completely released. If I were your I would have your physician run your hormone levels at the beginning, middle and end of your cycle to make a definitive diagnosis. Just remember that only your physician can diagnose your..that is why he went to school so long and gets paid the big bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Period cramps © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net